We are the Chilean audiovisual sector brand: film and television, fiction and documentary, animation or virtual reality are our raw material for work, and our job is to present them to the world under the already recognized CinemaChile umbrella. It is in our mandate then that all the actions that this project contemplates bring a transversal benefit for Chile
In 2009 the Association of Film and Television Producers (APCT), thanks to ProChile’s “Sectorial Brands” program, created CinemaChile as the international promotion agency for Chilean audiovisuals.
Ten years later, CinemaChile has been behind the successful positioning of Chile in the world as an exceptional cinematography, creating a working model and an innovative methodology for the promotion of its cinema and integral audiovisual production, without distinction of genres or formats. CinemaChile has been involved in multiple successful cases in recent years, being Sebastián Lelio’s Una Mujer Fantástica, the first Chilean film to win an Oscar for Best Foreign Film in 2018, the most notable case.
Our international positioning strategies for the audiovisual sector go beyond the partners of the Association of Film and Television Producers (APCT), among whose members we find producers of both fiction and documentary, series and cinema, animation, short films and virtual reality. The beneficiaries of CinemaChile are all associations of companies or professionals in the audiovisual field, as well as independent professionals who aspire to enter the international circuit. All of them benefit, or could benefit, from the networks of contacts and expertise developed by the sectorial brand, as well as from the participation in activities and events organized by CinemaChile, their inclusion in the International Catalogs (Film or TV) that are published annually; and other graphic promotional pieces (presskit in international markets and festivals), dissemination of their content on our communication platforms, among other actions that benefit (and have benefited in the past) across the sector, without necessarily belonging to the applicant association and co-financier of CinemaChile.
– Facilitate the positioning of our productions in class A festivals, which increase the commercialization value of our products in the international market, as well as facilitate that productions in serial, virtual or animated formats, participate in the most important markets at an international level.
– Develop a strategic and commercial marketing that makes the offer of national cinema and TV attractive in the foreign market.
– Contribute to the professionalization of the sector.
– Maintain constant interaction with the actors of the national and international audiovisual industry, including the specialized media in the film and TV industry at a global level.
– Promote Chilean films (fiction, documentary, animation, virtual reality), and their various formats, in international festivals and markets (or industry spaces) that CinemaChile attends, from its participation in competitions to market instances.
– Promote television productions (fiction, documentary, animation, virtual reality), and their various formats, in the international markets (or industry meetings) that CinemaChile attends.
– Maintain contact and generate ties between the national and global audiovisual industry with special emphasis on buyers, producers, programmers, distributors and the press.
– Facilitate the presence of national delegations that attend each festival and market in which CinemaChile participates, making available to Chilean professionals promotional spaces for their work (web platform, social networks, promotional pieces, events, among others)
– Disseminate the work (news) and the achievements of Chilean cinema and TV in specialized press media.
– Generates business agendas and commercial networks, both in individual meetings and in events of great international scope.
– Produce annual publications such as the International Film Catalog and the International Television Catalog, to facilitate the work of international intermediary agents and prestigious festivals.
– Organize seminars and talks aimed at the Chilean audiovisual industry, which are the result of the experience of both CinemaChile and that of national professionals who participate in foreign markets and festivals, materializing knowledge and work through these academic activities, always with a focus on training for the international market.